Tuesday, May 8, 2012

DAY 21

DAY 21

"One more opportunity to explore Melbourne. There's a lot of different options; we can take a ride on Australia’s last remaining tramway system, visit the Queen Victoria Markets or poke about its galleries and museums. In the afternoon we'll head off to Gundagai.  bunking at Gundagai"

YAY.  My life just got onto a new level after finding out that my camera and phone both work.  Unbelievable.  But pleasant.  Therefore I was ready to enjoy Melbourne, finally.

First we headed to Queen Victoria Market, one of the major landmarks in Melbourne.  It is said to be the largest open-air market in Southern Hemisphere, I'm not quite sure about that, but I can ensure you it's huge.




They also have the cutest little shops there.  I found my favorite one, what a princess place!  (;



And finally I do what Melbourne is meant to be for, SHOPPING!  And no more thongs in temperatures near 0...phew!   What a great buy, love them!  (:


And the best part in our stay in Melbourne!  We had so many reasons to celebrate (including our "2 months left in Australia" days) that we needed a really nice coffee shop with nice cakes and everything.  After a huge search and a lot of walking we finally found one.  Love my beautiful Norwegian! (:



Last night,


Liisa

P.S. Two months before going home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment