Sunday, May 6, 2012

DAY 19

DAY 19

"We'll tour part of the Great Ocean Road and see the Twelve Apostles, rising columns of rock surrounded by treacherous reefs and tides. We then head inland and arrive to Melbourne. Before returning to the camp we have time to shop and explore Melbourne.  camping at Melbourne"

This morning was the worst one I've had in a while.  Half of the tent flooded, and you can probably already guess which side it was.  Imagine a morning when you wake up and wonder why your alarm didn't go.  You pick up the phone from the tent floor and notice it's wet all over.  That shocks you enough to get you awake, and then you notice your SLR camera on the floor too.  In the puddle.  Pick it up and remove the battery - dripping wet.  The thought that the photos might still be safe crosses your mind, so you'll test the memory card in another camera.  "ZERO photos in the folder".  Can't really be happy after that.

The start of the day wasn't too great for me, so I wasn't that exited about anything in the morning.  I can only humbly thank the lovely person I was sharing the tent with for doing pretty much all the packing in the morning as I spent all my energy by being cranky...

We left the camp to drive on the Great Ocean Road, one of the world's most scenic coastal drives.  We saw the amazing coast line and the Twelve Apostles, unfortunately I was unable to take any photos.  But this is how it looked like:
By George Koncz
Lucky to have met you, have spent time with you, have traveled with you and have you as my friend.  (:


Greetings from Melbourne...


Not my day,


Liisa

No comments:

Post a Comment